Custom Flooring For Your Home Or Business
Here at Clayton Hoover & Sons, we guarantee quality in everything we do. With over 75 years of experience serving the South Bend – Mishawaka area, we are trusted experts in roofing, remodeling, and flooring. You can contact our team of professionals to install carpet, tile, hardwood, laminate, or vinyl flooring. We also stain and install banisters, railings, and hardwood steps to perfectly match your new or existing flooring. Every job includes tearing out existing flooring and hauling away debris before installing new high-quality flooring. All of this is backed by our five-year workmanship warranty and the flooring manufacturer warranty!
Types of Flooring
Wondering what type of flooring would be perfect for your home or business? We have so many options to fit your lifestyle!
- Carpet provides warmth and comfort! If you are looking to give your home a warm, comfortable, and inviting feel, new carpeting is a great option for you. With unlimited styles to choose from, carpeting can be a great way to add your personal style to your home.
- Tile is built to last! It is extremely durable and low maintenance, making it a great option for high-traffic areas of businesses and homes, especially in homes with children and/or pets. Tile is also great for raising the resale value of your home. And with endless possibilities of porcelain, ceramic, and natural stone tiles, you are bound to find a style that you love.
- Hardwood flooring is a great option for a timeless, elegant look that will raise the value of your home. Although it is not as durable as other flooring options, hardwood can be perfect in lower-traffic, low-moisture areas like bedrooms and dining rooms.
- Laminate and vinyl floorings offer modern and affordable alternatives to tile and hardwood. These options are both very durable and low-maintenance, perfect for high-traffic areas. Vinyl offers high water and heat resistance that is only second to tile, making it ideal for kitchens and bathrooms.
- COREtec is a type of luxury vinyl that incorporates engineered stone or wood veneer with every cork-backed plank. The result is a 100% waterproof, durable, warmer, and quieter flooring than any other laminate or vinyl option.
There are many factors that can affect the price of flooring. Just as natural stone tiles cost more than ceramic tiles and mahogany costs more than bamboo, top-of-the-line laminate can be significantly more expensive than standard laminate flooring. Installation costs can also vary depending on the time and materials needed. Odd-shaped rooms will cost more in labor than simple rectangular floor plans because there will be more time spent measuring and cutting the flooring to perfectly cover your space. Below, we have provided the average costs of various flooring types and their installation fees.
- Carpet: $2.50 per square foot materials + $2 per square foot installation
- Ceramic Tile: $4 per square foot materials + $7 per square foot installation
- Stone Tile: $7 per square foot materials + $7 per square foot installation
- Hardwood: $5 per square foot materials + $9 per square foot installation
- Laminate: $1.50 per square foot materials + $5 per square foot installation
- COREtec: $2 per square foot materials + $5.50 per square foot installation
We are Michiana’s best flooring contractors! With every flooring job, we start the process by working with you to find the perfect material for your home or business. When you are ready to start, we will carefully tear out your existing floors and haul away any debris. We prepare your subfloors by cleaning them off, making sure they are sturdy, and laying underlaminate if needed. Once everything is prepped, we are ready to install your new flooring! We work quickly and professionally to deliver the best quality in a timely and convenient manner. To ensure that your new floors last, all of our work is backed by our five-year workmanship warranty, plus any applicable manufacturer warranties.
We are a proud partner of ProSource Wholesale. The ProSource team, in conjunction with Clayton Hoover & Sons, offers expert advice on the best products and designs for your remodeling project. Working together we ensure beautiful results at the lowest price. With a showroom located in South Bend, Indiana, help is not far away! Start browsing their catalog and explore our blog to help you prepare for any home renovation.
Flooring Types Pros & Cons Best Flooring for Pets With so many options, choosing the right flooring for your home can be
tile and wood 6 Steps to Create The Perfect Combination If you’re looking to add a touch of elegance to your home,
materials matter The Pros and Cons of Laminate Flooring Laminate flooring first came out in the late 1970s and has steadily grown
materials matter Ultimate Guide to Laying Tile If you read our guide to laying laminate flooring you will have a good idea
Start Your Free Estimate
Fill out the form below to start exploring your options.